His Eminence Oswald Cardinal Gracias
The Most Reverend Joshua Mar Ignathios
Most Rev. George Njaralakatt
Most Rev. Theodore Mascarenhas, SFX
The Catholic Bishops' Conference of India (CBCI) is the permanent association of the Catholic Bishops of India. It was formally constituted in September 1944 at the Conference of Metropolitans held in Madras.
Its objectives are to facilitate coordinated study and discussion of questions affecting the Church, and adoption of a common policy and effective action in all matters concerning the interests of the Church in India.
for more details visit www.cbci.in
ABOUT CBCI Office for Education & Culture
Most Rev. Thomas D'Souza
Archbishop Mar Andrews Thazhath
Archbishop John Moolachira
Rev. Fr. Joseph Manipadam, SDB
In order to be of greater service to the Church in its mission of education, the CBCI set up the Commission for Education and Culture in 1984. The decision to setup the Education Commission was taken at the CBCI General Meeting held in Delhi on 13-20 October 1966.
Its objectives are:
- To impart the rich and wide-ranging experience of the Church in India in the field of education.
- To involve fully in the process of social change.
- To reach out, especially to the poor and the marginalized.
- To commit wholeheartedly to the work of justice.
- To enlighten the consciences of human beings with the message of brotherhood and love.